Monday 24 October 2016

KELSO Scarf or Cowl

Kelso Infinity Scarf / Cowl


Kelso Scarf
 
 

These are made using 2 strands of DK (8ply) yarn knitted together.

The stitch (Cane Stitch) looks the same on both sides.

I like learning new stitches but the fact that there is a 3row repeat meant that I found it difficult to know where I was for the first few pattern repeats. I am more used to a ‘right’ side and a ‘wrong’ side. However, I soon got into the stitch! It gives a lovely open fabric which is perfect for this design.

 
Kelso Scarf / Cowl

 
Requirements:

 
DK yarn                   2 x 65 -70g

6mm needles                    

 

Measurements:

 
Width:                     7”  (18cm)             

Length:                   52”  (132cm) - easily adjustable                                 

 

Instructions:

 
For a Woman - Cast on 25sts

1st Row:  S1, k1, *s1, k2tog, psso, yrn twice, repeat from * to last 2sts, k2

2nd Row:  S1, k1, *p1, k1 (into the double yrn from previous row), p1,  repeat from * last 2sts, k2

3rd Row:  S1, knit to end

Repeat these three pattern rows until around 52”, ending after completing a 3rd row

Cast off

Darn away ends

 

For an infinity scarf / cowl ~ join together the cast on and cast off edges


For a Teenager - Cast on 21sts

 
I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.  
In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.
However, please do not copy my patterns
 
 Copyright © 2016 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved
This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied or reproduced or republished on another webpage or website.

 

11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much. Lovely stitch! Does yrn mean yarn over (yo) ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you again another fab pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pattern. Thank you. I have just been to Kelso to visit my sister. It's where she lives so guess what I'm going to make her for her upcoming birthday??!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What does "S1" mean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kind of DK yarn did you use? It is a lovely color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like this Tammy :) I used two different blues (one pale blue & one darker blue) knitted together. It has such a pretty effect. :)

      Delete
  6. I have so many patterns now that I just can’t keep up with all the comments and questions on this page, ravelry, pinterest and other sites. However, I DO want to hear from you, help you and see your lovely makes! I have a very lively facebook group page – please join me and over 6,700 other members. I check in every day and if I am not available, someone else usually is. The group is ~ https://www.facebook.com/groups/made.by.marianna/

    ReplyDelete